[lbo-talk] once more on nonvoters

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 15:12:10 PDT 2004

I agree that nonvoter are likely not progressive, but I think they are highly differentiated and I think there are large segments of them, especially, the young, hip, over-educated, underemployed who are generally culturally liberal at worst, who certainly would lean toward an Anybody Bush Stance, but would not necessarily be hostile to third parties. Given the data/evidence you have provided, we are probably still talking close to the low double digits (at most) of the total percentage of the American population who see no difference between say a Bush and a Gore *and* can articulate the reasons why and have some other oppositional but not politically relevant stance.