[lbo-talk] RE: couple of questions (Sharpton)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 6 08:13:31 PDT 2004

Gary? wrote:

>From: "Gary Mongiovi"
>
>>. Were it not for all the baggage he's carrying around from an earlier life
>(Tawana Brawley etc), he might have been taken >more seriously by the media.
>
>Well I thought him very impressive and it got me to wondering wether his
>previous 'rabble rousing' wasn't just the media painting him a fools hat,
>hence my question You don't just wake up one morning with insight and the
>ability to convey it. He certainly has a mountain to climb, asking opinions
>of co workers they just laughed, asking people who had actually seen the
>debates opinions were similar to yours .

I voted for him in the NY primary. His earlier "baggage" is a problem, and will probably disqualify him forever in a lot of eyes, but he's very smart, knowledgeable, and funny. The baggage, and his lack of managerial skills, probably make any kind of officeholding impossible, but I hope he gets a TV talk show.

Doug