[lbo-talk] help on US corps in Iraq

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 12:14:10 PDT 2004

Can anybody on the list provide any good sources on the post-war reconstruction contracts issued in Iraq? I am esp interested in any data on favoritism towards US corps, non-competitive tenders etc. Also, does anybody know of the way in which the Iraqi oil situation is shaping up.

Specifically I mean how much of a sniff non Anglo-American oil giants will get?

many thanks,

Doug

==========

Here are some sources that I've found to be informative:

Favoritism towards American firms

=============

"Spoils of War" -- American Public Radio Documentary (audio capability required) -

<http://marketplace.publicradio.org/features/iraq/ >

More on the "Spoils of War" series (greater detail, all text) --

<http://www.muckraker.org/ >

Iraq Reconstruction's Bottom Line (point for point analysis)

<http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EL25Ak05.html

=========

Oil production

Iraq Revenue Watch (quite good)

<http://www.iraqrevenuewatch.org/ >

Iraq Oil: Hanging In The Balance

<http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/FD03Ak01.html>

Middle East Economic Survey (good general info) --

<http://www.mees.com/ >

Austrailian Oil Firms Gaining Contracts (provides a sense of how non-American firms are gaining access through 'coalition' participation)

<http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/01/19/1074360697414.html?from=storyrhs>

General Info on Iraq Oil Industry Prior To War (compare and contrast)

<http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/oil/countries/iraq.html>

.d.