[lbo-talk] Another reason to hate dittoheads

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Thu May 6 18:21:26 PDT 2004

Carl Remick quotes Peggy Noonan:

> ... The most distressing of the scandal photos is, to me, the one of an
> American woman, a GI, who is laughing, holding a cigarette and aiming
> her fingers...

Odd choice! The most distressing picture among the ones I saw

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/iraqis_tortured/

was that of a man wrapped in bags of ice who'd been beaten to death.

The Pentagon isn't even bothering to claim that that photo is fake. Think about the odds: for every Iraqi beaten to death in Abu Ghraib who got photographed, and moreover his photographs were published world-wide, how many Iraqis there have been beaten to death the last twelve months but we haven't seen any photographs of them?

The guards are beating political prisoners to death in Abu Ghraib prison. Saddam lives!

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net