[lbo-talk] Camp Bucca and beyond

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sun May 9 15:37:12 PDT 2004

Doug wrote:

> Depends on your measure of success. The U.S. "intelligence community"
> (and "community" is a funny word - lately I've heard refs to the
> "copyright community," "cybernerd commnity," "Phish community,"
> "Blank and Jones community," "mortgage community," and "breast cancer
> community")

Come now. The CIA aren't the only folks involved in covert ops; that's why I referred to the "intelligence community." You're sounding positively Coxian ("what is this mysterious entity you call blah").

> has succeeded in overthrowing scores of governments, killing scads of
people, and generally removing obstacles to the U.S.
> empire since the CIA's founding over 50 years ago.
>
> Doug

I'm not going to defend the intelligence community. You're arguing with the wrong guy.

-- Luke