[lbo-talk] Hersch an (unwitting) mouthpiece?

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 05:53:35 PDT 2004

On Sun, 9 May 2004 21:31:40 -0400, Jeet Heer <jeet at sturdynet.com> wrote:

From My Lai to Abu Graib, he has constantly gotten
> the goods.

On My Lai though one shou;d not forget the role of Ron Ridenour, then in the Army, before Hersh got ahold of the story. See his acct. below, http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mylai/Myl_hero.html

Will Brad Meyer or Douglas Valentine say Daniel Ellsberg is a dupe of Emire for writing this? http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1124900/posts
> ...Even Daniel Ellsberg, a severe critic of U.S. policy in Vietnam,
> rejected the argument that My Lai was in any way a normal event: "My Lai
> was beyond the bounds of permissible behavior, and that is recognizable
> by virtually every soldier in Vietnam. They know it was wrong. . . . The
> men who were at My Lai knew there were aspects out of the ordinary. That
> is why they tried to hide the event, talked about it to no one, discussed
> it very little even among themselves."
-- Michael Pugliese