[lbo-talk] Camp Bucca and beyond

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon May 10 07:59:27 PDT 2004

Mullah:

No, I'm not joking at all. Such photos wouldn't find their way into the press in an unfree and undemocratic state. An admirable journalist like Sey Hersh would be imprisoned, dead, or in a different line of work. (Someone like Alex might find gainful employment at a Pravda-like rag.) As for what happens at Guantanamo, we've heard conflicting reports from various folks who were released. Like Justin, I can no longer say that I'd be surprised if the reports of sexual humiliation were true.

As for what happens in US prisons, _everyone_ knows. The shame is that no one much cares.

-- Luke

----- Original Message ----- From: "mumbo jumbo" <mullah_omar at email.it>

> You must be joking: the photos were made by the same torturers because
they were absolutely
> convinced to have the support of the whole gerarchy, up to the top (and
they were absolutely
> right in this belief my view). And how about the treatment of prisoners in
Guantanamo,
> Afghanistan and beyond? Do U think that because we lack photos they are
treated well? And how
> about the US prison industry? Maybe U need some photos also about what
happens there.