[lbo-talk] AP: Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Tue May 11 12:39:28 PDT 2004

What the Fk is going on here. Doug lamenting that war has not brought out the best in his civilisation or do you (Doug) think that you can cleanly separate the events going on Iraq from "America the high point of civilisation" nonsense. This is not aberration of an otherwise most civilised nation but the very logic that gives civilisation to some at home while grinding others into so much bone ash (tri-cal phosphate for you chemists who like powdered creamer in your coffee) both at home and abroad.

The head cutting...you see we the most civilised might rape, torture, pillage and plunder but you wont see us cutting off anyone's head in the name of civilisation and bourgeois progress. Just the last stage on the road to true salvation? Bah!

And a parting question after a cheap shot: Could this administration have gone to war without the support of its civilised citizenry? Civilised people...civilised for what?

Travis