[lbo-talk] Re: AP: Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

Bradley Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Tue May 11 16:17:29 PDT 2004

I had wondered when the beheadings would begin. It was only a question of when the U.S. Middle Eastern intervention would be revealed as the depraved, racist project that it is. At least its opponents had the decency to wait until this case had been decisively made before they upped the ante and commenced with public head lopping.

Note the "stimulus-response" combination: Depraved sexual torture => straightforward asexual beheading.

Fuck around, lose your head.

Note also that Gaza Palestinians have begun to do the same with Israeli soldier body parts, using a tactic of "dynamic" mine-laying _while under fire_, something that must take incredible nerve and courage.

Poor Doug. Can't really blame him and others who are dismayed that we really do live in Yoshie's "Age of Regress", and perhaps don't really want to face up to the consequences of this (by now established) fact in any consistent way. They really want to believe, as with the Beatles song "Revolution No. 9" that "everything's going to be alright" in the end. But maybe not.

-Brad Mayer

What the Fk is going on here. Doug lamenting that war has not brought out the best in his civilisation or do you (Doug) think that you can cleanly separate the events going on Iraq from "America the high point of civilisation" nonsense. This is not aberration of an otherwise most civilised nation but the very logic that gives civilisation to some at home while grinding others into so much bone ash (tri-cal phosphate for you chemists who like powdered creamer in your coffee) both at home and abroad.

The head cutting...you see we the most civilised might rape, torture, pillage and plunder but you wont see us cutting off anyone's head in the name of civilisation and bourgeois progress. Just the last stage on the road to true salvation? Bah!

And a parting question after a cheap shot: Could this administration have gone to war without the support of its civilised citizenry? Civilised people...civilised for what?

Travis