[lbo-talk] Re: AP: Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 11 16:26:59 PDT 2004

Bradley Mayer wrote:

>Poor Doug. Can't really blame him and others who are dismayed that
>we really do live in Yoshie's "Age of Regress", and perhaps don't
>really want to face up to the consequences of this (by now
>established) fact in any consistent way. They really want to
>believe, as with the Beatles song "Revolution No. 9" that
>"everything's going to be alright" in the end. But maybe not.

Man, who the fuck said "everything's going to be alright"? I said the popular atmosphere in the U.S. is better than it was at a comparable period during Vietnam, and the prospects for an antiwar movement are brighter. Is it poor reading comprehension or a twisted temperament that produces these misreadings? You seem to be the one reading from a prepared script.

Doug