[lbo-talk] AP: Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 11 16:53:06 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >If progress is automatic; if things get better year by year, then indeed
> >there would be no point to being leftist.
>
> Who ever said progress is automatic? From having read your stuff over
> the years, you're the one wedded to an agentless view of History.

No one on this list, so far as I know, but then this list does not yet constitute the whole of european culture, 1790-1914, nor is it it a perfect microcosm of the u.s. working class and the consciousness thereof. And within that broader context, 100s of millions did and do believe exactly that.

Carrol