[lbo-talk] Re: AP: Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 12 06:10:32 PDT 2004

At 08:47 AM 5/12/2004, Carl Remick wrote:
>>From: snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
>>
>>Why is this guy, Berg, dressed in an orange jumpsuit?
>
>What Goes Around Comes Around Dept. -- They wanted to deck him out
>Gitmo-style:
>
>"Five men wearing headscarves and black masks were pictured standing
>behind a bound man in a Guantánamo Bay-style orange jumpsuit, who
>identified himself briefly before one of his captors put a large knife to
>his neck."
>
><http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1214773,00.html>
>
>Carl

Well, the thing is, I knew of this guy being missing before this happened. I stumbled across it over the weekend because there was so much info coming out of PA re: Camp Bucca/Girman. So, my feeds were picking up reports of this guy being missing. The reports cycled and then all of a sudden about 23 hrs. ago, it was announced that a body had been found on an overpass. Nothing in the reports mentioned that he was wearing a orange jumpsuit or that he'd been beheaded, though it was mentioned that they found a body that had been traumatized.

Of course, the family had already been told by the time yesterday's reports started circulating. And, mysteriously--magically--the news makes headlines in the midst of Taguba's hearing.

Not that I'm saying that Shrub did this, but I do think the timing of the news story is pretty freakin' suspicious. If I were the family, I'd want photos of the body as it was found.

Kelley