[lbo-talk] Re: AP: Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 12 07:53:36 PDT 2004

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Not that I'm saying that Shrub did this, but I do think the timing of the
> news story is pretty freakin' suspicious. If I were the family, I'd want
> photos of the body as it was found.

It doesn't really matter. And it isn't really worth exploring. Our resistance to the war, in any case, is resistance to its legitimacy from the beginning, and it does not depend on a competitive counting of atrocities. The war would be equally an outrage if everyone in it behaved with perfect decorum. (That's a pop use of "decorum"; in the sense I use it in ordinarily everyone _is_ observing the decorum of this kind of war.)

Carrol