[lbo-talk] Beheadings

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed May 12 15:19:23 PDT 2004

> That's a broad word. It could include the U.S. and Israeli
> governments, couldn't it?
>
> Doug

I don't think so, but such semantical debate doesn't really serve any purpose. I wouldn't call Hitler or Stalin terrorists, but that obviously doesn't mean I think they were benign. This goes back to a point I made some time ago: it doesn't make any sense to compare the relative "murderousness" of a serial killer, a terrorist organization, and a horrible government. Nonetheless, in many or most or all circumstances, we should seek to defang or destroy all three.

-- Luke