[lbo-talk] Beheadings

R rhisiart at charter.net
Wed May 12 16:47:32 PDT 2004

we have an idea of who did the actual deed. but do we know to what extent it was a set up.

the timing of berg's death certainly works to take at least some attention from US prison atrocities; and the fact the actual culprits are not being prosecuted. it's possible, if berg was held it US custody, that he was turn over directly to terrorists by the US govt. but was he held in US custody, and why?

it's rumored that berg was jewish. if true, we've lost a fine jewish journalist and berg to terrorists. these are the two civilian "show deaths" in the "war on terrorism."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luke Weiger" <lweiger at umich.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 2:47 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Beheadings

----- Original Message ----- From: <mitchelcohen at mindspring.com>

> Do we actually know who killed Nick Berg?

Get real. It may not have been Al Qaeda (though I believe they have claimed credit), but it was certainly some group of terrorists.

-- Luke