[lbo-talk] wow

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 10:39:41 PDT 2004

Ulhas writes:

> CPs will support the Congress ministry, but I
> would be surprised if they join the government.

That sounds like a principled move to me.

What's the difference between the various CPs? I assume there are historical differences (having to do with the Sino-Soviet split, Naxalites, etc.), but do these count for anything anymore? How do the CPI and CPI(M) get along? Which one governs Kerala and which one governs West Bengal? And how big are the various factions of the CPI(ML)?

I could probably ask some expert on sectariana about these differences, but given the tendency of such people to put too much emphasis on theoretical questions that are now out of date, I much prefer the perspective of people who can talk knowledgeably about what's going on now.

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!