[lbo-talk] American Candidate on Showtime

Alan Jacobson alanjacobson at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 13 11:05:53 PDT 2004

I don't get Showtime but I heard about it. The show will probably be grotesque, but then again, what isn't these days?

Alan Jacobson

from a list I am on:

This is essentially a massive publicity stunt, but if we can pass this around widely enough, we might wind up with a Green getting regular national television exposure for the summer. -------------------------------

The Green Party's Medea Benjamin, is on the American Candidate website. Many people know Medea for her tireless work for Global Exchange, her trips to Iraq and Afhghanistan in search of peace and Justice for their people, and her candidacy in 2000, as the Green Party candidate for US Senate in California.

Medea is running on "American Candidate" -- a new reality show coming on Showtime in Summer 2004. American Candidate is described as "a ground-breaking television series in which the viewers will identify a People's Candidate that they would like to see run for President of the United States. This show will run into the fall, paralleling the actual campaign. The finalists will get to speak to an audience of millions of people. If Medea is one of the finalists, she will be speaking to the largest political audience that any Green has ever addressed all at the same time, dwarfing all the Nader Super Rallies put together. Medea is an excellent spokesperson for the Green Party and its platform. This is an enormous opportunity to get out our message, and all it takes is a few minutes of each Green's time.

Medea is on the American Candidate website.

Go there and VOTE FOR MEDEA NOW, at

http://www.americancandidate.com/candidate_homepage.php?id=461

Click on "Support Me". Then sign up to continue getting updates about the show, and keep voting for Medea as she moves up through the different elimination phases. If all the Greens around the country who know Medea went to this site and voted for her, she could very possibly take an early lead that we could build on, and not only to promote candidacy, but the real candidacy and platform of our real-reality Green Party Presidential candidate. And Greens around the country are well-enough plugged into the web to pass the word around to the majority of Greens fairly quickly.

Please go vote now at http://www.americancandidate.com/candidate_homepage.php?id=461

And spread the news!