[lbo-talk] repulsive event

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 13 15:31:52 PDT 2004

For Immediate Release Contact: xxxxx

Sean Hannity & Freedom Alliance to Host Star-Studded Tribute to the Troops Event to Benefit Scholarship Fund for Children of Military Personnel Killed or Permanently Disabled in Line of Duty

Dulles, Virginia - Sean Hannity, nationally syndicated radio personality and the co-host of Fox News' Hannity & Colmes, has teamed up with Freedom Alliance to raise money for the dependent children of American soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines who have been killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty.

Hannity, 77WABC Radio - America's #1 News Talk Radio Station and Six Flags Great Adventure, along with Freedom Alliance, will host a "Hannity Freedom Concert" to pay tribute to the men and women of our armed forces. Hannity will broadcast his popular radio program from the park from 3:00pm-6:00pm EST followed by a concert with country superstars Martina McBride and Darryl Worley. LtCol Oliver North, USMC (Ret.), the host of War Stories on the Fox News Channel and the founder of Freedom Alliance, will also appear at the event. The Hannity Freedom Concert takes place at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey on Thursday, July 8th.

"Sean Hannity is a great friend and we appreciate the help that he and his millions of listeners are providing for the men and women of our armed forces," said Oliver North who founded Freedom Alliance and continues to serve as the organization's Honorary Chairman. "The money raised through this effort will have a profound and lasting impact on the sons and daughters of America's military heroes."

Tom Kilgannon, President of Freedom Alliance said, "This event not only benefits the families of those military personnel who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our nation, but it is a way for Americans to say thank you to all our troops who are fighting to keep America safe and strong."

Over the years, Freedom Alliance has provided hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to students who have lost a parent in such conflicts as the Persian Gulf War, the 1983 terrorist bombing of the Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, and terrorist attacks on the USS Cole and the Pentagon.

Freedom Alliance is an educational and charitable foundation which promotes the American heritage of freedom and honors those institutions and individuals who defend it. Freedom Alliance also conducts public policy research, and teaches students about opportunities in the armed forces through its Military Leadership Academy program.

To contribute to the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund or to purchase tickets to the Freedom Concert on July 8th, please call 800-329-5454 or visit our web site at www.freedomalliance.org or www.hannity.com. Tickets cost $35.99 and provide admission to the amusement park as well as the concert.