[lbo-talk] J.G. Ballard

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 11:01:39 PDT 2004

--- Eubulides <paraconsistent at comcast.net> wrote:
> Is the equator moving northwards? Without doubt an
> alien, and possibly
> European plot, to be countered by the greatest
> display of "shock and awe"
> its super-technologies can muster.

No doubt. If you remember the war on sharks that was taking place all along the eastern sea board before 9/11 the above does not sound too fantastic. 9/11 was the only thing that saved the shark population.

I can easily imagine a scenario in which the United States declares war on asteroids, comets, you know, any matter within striking distance. Not any particular threatening asteroid or stuff...but take it all out, just to make sure. After all, it has the potential to do damage. Do it in the name of pre-emption.

Maybe Ballard can do a study of this phenomenon in a new novel. Maybe he can call it, well, "Crash" :)

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"