[lbo-talk] More on A.Roy

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 18:00:20 PDT 2004

--- Hari Kumar <hari.kumar at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> "Comrades
> Writers like Ms Arundhati Roy thrive on their pro
> west anti India
> images that they ha>

How is she pro-west and anti-India? Nothing I have read of her suggests this?

> Did not take any step in defending the hapless
> tribals from the police
> attrocities neither went to visit them after the
> incident was wiped from
> the headlines.

How was she supposed to defend them, other than bringing notice to the problem? Should she have hired a tank or bought a few grenades on the black market...maybe taken a few karate lessons? How many incidents happen that we as leftists cannot do anything about, except spread the word? That does not diminish our sincerity or preclude other actions. Perhaps, LBO list should close shop because those of us here do not participate directly in all of the political events about which we debate.

> She is anti everything Anti Left Anti Right Anti
> India Anti ..Anti anti.."

She is an essayist,journalist and lecturer. Her role is to criticise...not buy into the Party line and shut up.

-Thomas