[lbo-talk] iRAQ, maps, singles, true patriots, lawyers

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri May 21 21:36:40 PDT 2004

Love the spoofs on iPod commericials: http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/strip-pix-burn-iraq-016298.php

http://boingboing.net/2004/05/09/german_newspaper_ipo.html ---------------------------------------

mapping election funding: http://www.fundrace.org/

Baghdad Comparison http://www.cockeyed.com/citysize/baghdad_chicago.html

---------------------------------------

Democratic Singles: http://www.democraticsingles.net/home.php

(Travis' analysis was a hoot. I'd point out that there are already two gay guys in that photo! And the strawberry blonde is obviously giving the white male a sumbolic hand job. See how she holds that super hyoooooooge phallic bottle of water! (I learned subtextual analyses of subliminal advertising as a line cook at a restaurant! You have no idea what a bunch of horny guys in a hot kitchen can come up with!)

--------------------------------------- Trucks made to drive without cargo in dangerous areas of Iraq BY SETH BORENSTEIN Knight Ridder Newspapers

WASHINGTON - (KRT) - Empty flatbed trucks crisscrossed Iraq more than 100 times as their drivers and the soldiers who guarded them dodged bullets, bricks and homemade bombs.

Twelve current and former truckers who regularly made the 300-mile re-supply run from Camp Cedar in southern Iraq to Camp Anaconda near Baghdad told Knight Ridder that they risked their lives driving empty trucks while their employer, a subsidiary of Halliburton Inc., billed the government for hauling what they derisively called "sailboat fuel."

[*mumble* something about harnessing... *mumble* sails... wind....*mumble*]

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/politics/8726376.htm

News of the weird: N.Y. Lawyer Fined for Barking at Witness

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=8&u=/ap/20040521/ap_on_fe_st/barking_lawyer

News of the 'nice try':

Letter to Asscrack requesting special counsel to determine if the Busheviks violated the war crimes act: http://www.house.gov/judiciary_democrats/agiraqspeccounselltr52004.pdf