[lbo-talk] iRAQ, maps, singles, true patriots, lawyers

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 22 06:40:01 PDT 2004

At 05:17 AM 5/22/2004, T Fast wrote:
>I would have made the same venture 5 years ago. But since I came to the big
>city I discovered the Metrosexual. My personal take is that the metrosexual
>fulfills the same role for the liberals as it does the conservatives. The
>difference being that the liberal will let the gay man out of the closet for
>a peak whereas the conservative won't even let the dude into the closet.
>Either way metrosexual becomes a kind of mutual meeting point.
>Definitely on the hand job though. Who does not like a good hand job.
>Save the conservatives, unlike the true metrosexual, who don't know that a
>good hand job is not merely a substitute for sex. Hence Clinton's failed
>defence....the converted knew it was gooooood sex and the uninitiated
>conservatives thought it a failure of manhood...not a failure that Kerry is
>likely showcase...I fucked her so what is the likely defence. But here as
>elsewhere the disgrace is in getting caught...Set Martha and Muimia free!!!
>
>Travis

:) Who started the metrosexshule crap anyway? Oh, wait. I looked it up,
http://www.wordspy.com/words/metrosexual.asp. B. Ehrenreich discussed this phenom in _Hearts of Men_, linking it to Playboy's earliest issues where Hef and his writers declared revolution against the Tyranny of Wives [1]:

"[Playboy's] real message was not eroticism, but escape...from the bondage of breadwinning. For that, the breasts and bottoms were necessary not just to sell the magazine, but to protect it. When, in the first issue, Hefner talked about staying in his apartment, listening to music and discussing Picasso, there was the Marilyn Monroe centerfold to let you know there was nothing queer about these urbane and indoor pleasures....Hefner's Pepsi-clean version of [sex] was there to legitimize what was truly subversive about Playboy. In every issue, every month, there was a Playmate to prove that a playboy didn't have to be a husband to be a man." (p. 51, _Hearts of Men_)

re: Clinton. Like the young girls I used to work with in a program to reduce the very high rate of teen pregnancy in my hometown, it's not really sex if you don't dip your stick "down there." Hummers, anal, hand jobs, tossed salads, rainbows... (see Oprah), you can do it all and still be a virgin!

As for Republican Singles, Jesus' General is slaying me again! http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/.

Kelley

[1] TIRED OF THE RAT RACE? FED UP WITH JOB ROUTINE?

How would you like to make $8,000, $20,000--as much as $50,000 and More working at home in your spare time. No selling! No commuting! ... Yes, an Assured Lifetime Income can be yours now, in an easy, low-pressure part-time job that will permit you to spent much of each day as you please! Relaxing, watching TV, playing cards, socializing with friends....

Incredible as it may seem, the above offer is completely legitimate. More than 40,000,000 Americans are already so employed. <...>

Neither double eyelashes nor the blindness of night or day can obscure the glaring fact that American marriage can no longer e accepted as an estate in which the sexes shall live half-slave and half-free."

William Iverson, "Love, Death and the Hubby Image," in _Playboy_, Sept. 1962