[lbo-talk] Mr Iran/Contra Speaks

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Mon May 24 09:43:29 PDT 2004

Can always count on Ledeen:

May 24, 2004, 8:53 a.m. The Agency Rides Again Angleton on Chalabi.

Like everyone else, I've been reading the stories about my friend Ahmad Chalabi of the Iraqi National Congress, and the accusations that he's an Iranian spy. I don't believe it, but before launching a tirade against the misnamed Central Intelligence Agency I thought I'd better check with the greatest unliving expert on intelligence, the late James Jesus Angleton. He was the longtime chief of CIA counterintelligence, and knew everything there was to know about spying, so I dusted off the ouija board and got him on the second try.

JJA: I reckoned you'd decide it was time for another chat.

ML: Right you were. It's about Chalabi. He's a friend of mine, and I would be really upset if he turned out to be an Iranian agent.

http://www.nationalreview.com/ledeen/ledeen200405240853.asp