[lbo-talk] A 'Progressive Conference'

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue May 25 05:54:41 PDT 2004

Doug:
> Nation's 160,000. Maybe I'm biased, but I think it's an awful lot
> better than most of what I see in the "left" press (I'm excluding The
> Nation from this comparison) - smarter, more informative, and funnier
> too. Far duller sheets are more widely circulated and quoted. Such is
> life I guess.

Dollars and Sense is a pretty good left econ pub too, but suffers from the same low readership problem. The problem is that any Left position is mightily unpopular in the US (it is a Dog's country, after all) and those who are attracted to it are idealistic/culturalistic types, often with upper middle class background, who do not give two shits about how the real world really works.

Wojtek