[lbo-talk] A 'Progressive Conference'

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 25 12:29:51 PDT 2004

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>I am pretty sure that if the US had the population density similar to
>Europe - US-ers would be voluntarily patrolling the borders and shooting
>everyone trying to cross them, as some have already done in Texas.

New York City is very densely populated, we're full of immigrants, and there's almost no anti-immigrant sentiment in public life. New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the U.S., and as far as I know, there's no anti-immigrant movement there either. California isn't that densely populated - a third as much as Massachusetts - but it's one of the most anti-immigrant states in the U.S. So maybe the density argument needs retuning.

Doug