[lbo-talk] Robert Reich media blitz

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 26 06:41:58 PDT 2004

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>Within the last 24 hours, I have encountered Robert Reich on KPFA,
>KALW, KQED and, as I write this, on C-Span. Not bad, especially
>considering that he is bearing 'good tidings' of a return to the
>halcyon days of 'liberalism', against the present scourge of the
>'right-wing'.

It's looking like elite opinion may be turning against Bush. The instant analyses of his Monday night speech were fairly hostile. The Council on Foreign Relations was more than polite to Ralph Nader. And now, as JW reports, even uber-liberal Reich is now getting wide exposure. It's beginning to feel like 1992, when elite opinion turned against Daddy Bush.

Doug