[lbo-talk] WBAI crisis

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed May 26 14:32:31 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> This is a scandal and an embarrassment. But almost no one within the
> station, or the whole "Pacifica community," wants to talk about them.
> You quickly get tagged as a racist, elitist, or sellout.

Typical East Coast leftists. It's our little sandbox and we won't share our toys, even to make the sandbox bigger and more popular.

Is WBAI still running Pacifica garbage like Gary Null?

I'm beginning to appreciate the fact that I live in a city that has an independent station that broadcasts Democracy Now at 100,000 watts and has a variety of excellent programming.

It's kind of sad how the "diverse" programming on East Coast Pacifica stations is actually quite monochromatic, and I'm not talking about white folks.

Good luck, Doug. East Coast alternative media types have to be some of the most stubborn, stuck-up activists I've ever worked with.

Chuck0