[lbo-talk] Democracy Now 5/26

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu May 27 15:46:46 PDT 2004

Chip Berlet wrote:

> When people claim to be progressive, and spread rumor and myth as fact,
> then I argue that conspiracy theory is a knife in the back of
> dialectical materialism.

Chip, I finally watched yesterday's Democracy Now last night and I think that you were way to kind to this Grissom guy. Raising questions about the official 9-11 story is one thing, promulgating wild-eyed stories is another. I automatically dismiss anybody who doubts the fact that an airplane flew into the Pentagon. One person on this list had his house shaken by the plane flying low at a high rate of speed. There were hundreds of eyewitnesses. I myself got close to the Pentagon several hours after the crash and saw a gaping hole.

I'm glad that Amy challenged the guy to cite his sources on explosives and crashes. This guy could have saved everybody some time if he had simply watched that Modern Marvels program on "Airplane Crashes" last night on cable. That program had plenty of footage showing how easy airplanes blow up when they crash or hit objects. When that plane hit the Pentagon at that rate of speed it vaporized the plane instantly, forcing most of the matter and energy into the Pentagon. And it hit the side of the Pentagon that had just be retrofitted to withstand explosives and bombs. I can even tell you the slogan that was on the sign of the contractor's trailer in the Pentagon parking lot:

"On time, on budget, and built to last another 50 years."

Chuck0