[lbo-talk] Adam Nagourney's anti-Kerry crusade

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat May 29 06:34:25 PDT 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Daily Kos was cited:

> http://dailykos.com/story/2004/5/28/191340/557

This is partisan bushwah, IMHO. Kos may wish otherwise, but all those headlines are true: Kerry has been a dreadful candidate ever since he became the presumptive nominee (except in fundraising prowess) and there has been widespread gnashing of teeth about it among Democrats of all persuasions (until very very recently, when the polls began to turn).

The implication that Nagourney is anti-Kerry I think is nonsense. I watched him for years on NY1's Friday "Week in Review" show (a good source for New York City and state politics) before he left for Washington, and I'll bet 20 bucks he's a dyed in the wool Democrat.

Lastly, fwiw, reporters don't write the headlines. If 22 headlines is evidence of an anti-Kerry bias, it's the NYT editorial board you want to put in the dock. Which would really be a partisan absurdity.

Michael