[lbo-talk] Re: Lawyers Should be Indicted

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 21:17:06 PDT 2004

I don't understand why Nathan is obsessing about the issue of lawyers aiding terrorists. Shane is right that they (we) are much more likely to be aiding repressive government officials. And while it mayu not be, technically, a crime, it is unlawful and unethical to advise your clients on how to destroy the Constitition and violate international law. While a lawyer who advises or conspires with a terrorist client to commit crimes of violence probably should be indicted, it doesn't happen. It's the fanatic obession with the irrelevant hypothetical when there are much more pressing issues that makes people worry about your drift, Nathan. jks