[lbo-talk] Stupid Elections, Leftist Cowards

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Mon Nov 1 22:40:49 PST 2004

In response BM

Wow that much vitriol for suggesting a tactical vote in the swing states.

Look if you don't have an electoral base that can be mobilized and you want to play electoral politics then you better get one. That requires taking over local positions from the dog catcher to the mayors office, building a left electoral network, then taking on the DP either as a power in your own right or as a ginger group inside the DP.

BUT in this election you have nothing, except of course in the role of spoiler. Like I said, ultimately it is better to have Kerry unleashing the hounds on the Left then Bush. Why, because it helps demonstrate the need for a left electoral force outside of the DP. IF Bush wins you bolster the DP's appeal to the left. If you at all think the ANYBODY BUT BUSH is a rapid slogan now, you just wait and see how effective it will be four years from now if the RP wins again.

By the way Kerry wont be urinating in my face cause my parents followed the anywhere but America slogan and moved north in the late 60s. We have a social democratic party up here, so if you moved you could avoid all that agonising work of organizing a coherent and effective left political party.

Travis