[lbo-talk] Re: warriors on poverty, very part-time

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 2 12:12:59 PST 2004

frank scott wrote:

>how does that differ, in essence, from the every-four-years concern for
>poverty on the part of middle class people of the, um, left, who are
>hardly putting their-our resources at the service of the most
>down-trodden, whether every day, or even simply on election day ? is
>voting for a democrat every four years some form of revolutionary
>social work?

Who does that? I know lots of people who do serious political work all the time, whether it's writing or organizing or whatever, who work on electoral politics in years divisible by four and do other things the rest of the time. Why do you and Carrol and the rest keep throwing around this slur?

Doug