[lbo-talk] Re: Police Intelligence

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Tue Nov 2 12:59:41 PST 2004

Doug wrote:

>> Chronicling the amazing reach of the NLG's Mass Defence Committee

> Man, we gotta mobilize you guys against the NYPD. My research

> assistant got arrested along with a bunch of other people after the

> Critical Mass bike ride last Friday. Not at the ride - at the

> afterparty. The bikers were just hanging out in the Times Up space

> and the cops showed up. As people were leaving the party, cops

> started shoving them around, arresting them, throwing them down on

> the ground, arresting them - for absolutely nothing. Not even

> "blocking traffic." Then they started seizing bikes in direct

> violation of a court order.

Proud to say, we're there. The MasDef (ha!) worked on getting the order that Bloomberg ignored, and is working to get everyone arrested represented. The compete spinelessness of eternal Manhattan DA Morgenthau & his lieutenants is one of the problems. They know Bloomberg's cops are ignoring not only the law but even the courts & do nothing. If the current taste for electoral politics lasts maybe something can be remembered next year when these offices come up for election.

john