[lbo-talk] Ohio Picks the Next Shogun

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue Nov 2 21:55:29 PST 2004

At 09:20 PM 11/2/2004, Brad Mayer wrote:
>Shheesssh, it is all boiling down to this state.
>
>But Kerry definitely looks weaker in any case than all the hype let on.
>
>If not Ohio, then Zogby will be wrong (they called Florida wrong), and The
>Chimp becomes the first standing shogun to win re-election in a year when
>the stock market was down (~5%).
>
>But then the Red Sox won the World Series under a blood red moon...
>
>Kerberos unleashed from the gates of Hell.
>
>And the Dems are finished.

we can surely hope so.

after all the attention paid to polls by the LBO-talk board, none of this should come as a surprise to anyone here. but, we're getting an awful lot of self pity from members tonight.

anyone heard from nathan "landslide" newman tonight? i guess he hasn't anything to advertise at the moment. his neodixiecrat chick from south carolina, inez tenenbaum, the one he touted for being pro-union in a veritable desert of redneck republican anti-union hostility, has lost. believe it or not, she was leading in the polls a month ahead of the election -- according to her web site. nathan newman can't resist a democrat who takes money from the same people he does -- the unions.

wasn't it harry truman who said why should anyone vote for a conservative democrat when s/he can vote for a republican?