[lbo-talk] a vision...

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 3 07:23:09 PST 2004

At 10:09 AM 11/3/2004, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>One way to pursue is to work toward greater sovereignty of individual states
>and eventual breakup of the federal entity or perhaps reconstituting it more
>like a loose confederation of sovereign states - similar to EU. That might
>also entail introduction of proportional representation on the state level.

I love this. The very same people who voted for Bush were OPPOSED to the EU. When I'd point out that the US was the first example of what the EU is, they'd usually be stumped.

I've always said: heard them all in their precious red states and saw chunks off. The rest of us can relocate. :) (I used to tell the libertarians to just go hole up in Idaho and live in their idyllic world -- and get back to me in about a decade, we'll talk.)

Anyway, I also think your idea will prompt civil war. E.g., let's say the Bush reigh continues and they select dickweed here in limpdick to run in 2008. It wouldn't surprise me--they'd have the cahones. So, dickweed tries to take the country to war and NYers vote and say, up yours. We're not helping. Imagine.

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling