[lbo-talk] No, actually, I don't believe it.

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 3 10:40:22 PST 2004

Michael Dawson:
> Come on people. Let's drop the election fraud schtick. We got the crap
> kicked out of us because the right has the "evangelical" phenomenon, and
we
> have surrendered ourselves to technocrats who wouldn't know a moral issue
if
> it bit them on the tit. The top 10 percent gets all the economic growth;
4
> percent economic growth doesn't create new jobs; and the bottom 3/4 have
> either no or scandalous health insurance in this, history's richest
empire,
> but none of it quite scandalous enough to the DLC to get a rise from their
> robotic visages.

Money- and idol-worship is American morality, no? In fact, I think it is a kind of poetic justice - the homophobic assholes that just handed Bush a big victory getting screwed up economically even more.

Blaming "technocrats" is a bullshit excuse - Kerry did an excellent job addressing various moral and religious issues in a statesman-like manner without falling into theocratic thinking, but evidently that was not good enough for the voters. The problem is with the American people and their delusions, not with politicians trying to preserve the semblance of sanity.

Wojtek