[lbo-talk] No, actually, I don't believe it.

Seth Ackerman sethia at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 3 15:46:56 PST 2004

From: SergioL652 at aol.com

And he LOST!!!!

I see this election as a repudiation by the American People of any progressive values. The fact that Kerry ran a kind of populist campaign and lost despite running against a president who is widely perceived as a failure should put to rest any notion that the American public is receptive to any progressive message.

---

This kind of talk really makes no sense. Kerry lost 51 to 48. That's not a landslide, it's not even a 'decisive defeat.' 48% of the voters picked Kerry. And the margin was only 3%, meaning you only would have had to shange the minds of 1.5% of the voters and Kerry would have won.

Seth -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20041103/2fd1ecd2/attachment.htm>