[lbo-talk] foreign policy vs. domestic issues in US

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Nov 3 18:23:20 PST 2004

> Things are not going to end very
> well for the American superpower (and its European and E. Asian backers),

Oh, the new metropoles will be fine. Even with Kerry in there, the post-Imperial crackup was going to be ugly for the US. But now it's going to take an especially brutal form, because the EU (whose latest candidate, Turkey, borders Iraq) and East Asia (China has just signed massive energy deals with Iran) are... how shall I put this... displeased with the oiligarchy.

We're not talking neoliberal chickens, we're talking about giant carnivorous pterodactyls coming home to roost.

-- DRR