[lbo-talk] Conservatives for Radical Economic Proposals

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 3 19:00:04 PST 2004

>[lbo-talk] let me clarify - was Re: No, actually, I don't believe it...
<snip>
>It's amazing how many peoplewho describe themselves as
>'conservative' will, in polls,support the most insanely radical
>economic proposals. In their mind, conservative means 'someone with
>values,' which means something like 'caring about other people.'
>
>Seth

I agree with Seth. Put out radical economic proposals (public works jobs, universal health care, what have you), build a working-class base of support for them, and then tell "conservatives" of the sort that Seth describes above that such economic proposals are really the conservative thing to do -- they conserve our values, families, traditions, environments, etc. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>