[lbo-talk] Excuses, Excuses

Brad Mayer gaikokugo at fusionbb.net
Wed Nov 3 22:30:40 PST 2004

OK, now us consistent progressives have to git our digs in.

Time to die, fakers. Perhaps we'll show you some mercy. Unlike yourselves:

"People should instead be asking progressive Democrats like Kucinich and Russ Feingold how long they plan to stay with a par! ty that finds their platforms intolerable. They should leave and join the progressive movement outside. But that would require them to overcome the fear of suddenly disappearing from mainstream politics."

"This time around, it is probably the case that those people who voted for Nader and even Cobb did so in full awareness of what they were about. It is from this base of people, and those people who were effectively disenfranchised due to the nefarious efforts of the Democrats to quash any type of mass progressive movement either inside their party (Would the real Dennis Kucin! ich please stand up?) and outside, that a movement must be cobbled together."

To which we can add the folks at the MWM, especially. From the Evil Counterpunch, who turned out correct:

http://counterpunch.com/memon11032004.html

-Brad Mayer

"Britain ain't a real country anyway"