[lbo-talk] The Youth DID Vote

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 05:17:49 PST 2004

of course, this is (re)defining "the youth vote" as 18-29 rather than 18-24. do we really consider 29-year-olds "youths"? maybe we do, but what i see in it is that increasing numbers of voting 25-29-year-olds offset decreasing numbers of voting 18-24-year-olds (as i'm hearing consistently that these numbers are down).

right?

iow, a lot of people who were in the 18-24-year-old group in 2000 voted in 2004, perhaps even more of them did than in 2000. maybe it tells us something about their reaction to the 2000 election . . .