[lbo-talk] a vision...

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 4 13:00:43 PST 2004

So then this brings up the question of how to get the Dems to nominate someone like Dean instead of someone like Kerry. I didn't think Dean was a great progressive dream candidate but I did think he was a more motivational speaker. Kerry was too technocratic but Dean seems"likeable" and regardless of whether that seems to make any difference intellectually it does matter to a great many people. Millions of people want to like their POTUS. Millions like Bush because they see something of themselves in him. He appears familiar and yet confident. Kerry appears neither. Dean seemed to me to portray this quality.

John Thornton