[lbo-talk] Re: Bush's Base

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Thu Nov 4 14:33:30 PST 2004

Hi,

It was a theological challenge spearheaded by two conservative Protestant evangelicals:

Francis Schaeffer and C. Everett Koop

Carol Mason has a big section on this in her book:

Mason, Carol. 2002. Killing for Life: The Apocalyptic Narrative of Pro-Life Politics. Ithaca: Cornell.

PRA has an online slide show on how Protestants were mobilized into the anti-abortion movement:

http://www.publiceye.org/research/rw101-repro/rw101repro.html

-Chip Berlet

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Turbulo at aol.com Sent: Thu 11/4/2004 4:26 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: Bush's Base

I seem to recall that when I was a teenager in the 60s, Protestants didn't give a shit about abortion, not even fundamentalists. Anti-abortionism was mainly aCatholic doctrine. This seems to have changed sometime in the 70s. Does anyone know more about this? -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 4511 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20041104/0fb6ca69/attachment.bin>