[lbo-talk] Ohioans Who Earned Less Than $50,000 (48%)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Thu Nov 4 20:53:35 PST 2004

The income correlation with voting for Bush holds across all regions. But NY distinguishes itself in that you have to reach right up into the highest bracket to find a majority for Bush. Even more marked for NYC. Go NY!

The education correlation with voting for Bush differs from region to region. The "national" average hides the differences between E, W, MW, and S. There might also be some auto-stuff going on here with race and income.

What is very, very clear is the role of the religious conservatives.

kj

--Granted, but even when ya look at states like Alabama, say, Kerry still gets majority in the 15k and below. between 15k and 50 k it's still close, but then from 50 k upward he is beaten 78%-22%...The class difference in the south is even starker than in the north. I frankly think Yoshie is onto something, I find the CNN stats breakdown to be very interesting.

steve