[lbo-talk] No Stolen Elections!

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Nov 5 09:54:47 PST 2004

Doug writes:
>We don't know how extensive that was. The whole American system is
>set up to suppress votes, esp those of the poor and dark. Sadly, a
>lot of it is legal. How much illegal stuff went on? We don't know,
>and we can't say "Kerry won!" with any serious degree of confidence.

But we can say with a serious degree of confidence that if the Republican leadership were indicted (never mind convicted) for 1/10th of the actually, technically illegal actions they got away with in this election they would not be eligible to serve. The Voting Rights Act hasn't expired yet, and it does provide penalties.

>It sucks that Kerry didn't make a big deal of this, but he's wuss and a
>wanker.

No argument there. When the Dems threw the game in 2000, I thought I'd seen craven, I didn't think they could sink much lower and I was wrong.

Jenny Brown