[lbo-talk] Ohioans Who Earned Less Than $50,000 (48%)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:42:52 PST 2004

Stephen E Philion wrote:

>Granted, but even when ya look at states like Alabama, say, Kerry
>still gets majority in the 15k and below. between 15k and 50 k

It's probably heavily skewed by blacks in the lower income categories. Nationally, according to the run I bought from Gallup in June, white voters in the lower brackets were about evenly divided between D&R.

Doug

--Yes, I thought of that later, though I'm still not sure that the Dems really deliver a message that addresses itself to the level of resentment that the kind of development the US has experienced and its ever intenser than ever gaps between wealthy and working class. I really think, and I think Kelly was saying something along these lines in a few posts back about Florida, the Repubs deliver something that speaks to that passion. I didn't see that with the Dems, too many mixed messages. I know Katha sees this as kind of clicheish, after all after every election the Left says such stuff. But it just seems that really not a whole lot has changed in America as might seem.

Steve