[lbo-talk] Vermont: Progressive Party Surges

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 17:47:19 PST 2004

Looking for good news wherever I can find it....

"MONTPELIER -- The Vermont Progressive Party will have more House members from outside Burlington than from the city that is the party's birthplace.

"This is history we have made," said Dexter Randall, a 59-year-old dairy farmer and newly elected Progressive representative from North Troy. "We have proven to the state that Progressives can function and actually win out in the rural areas."

In Tuesday's election, Progressive candidates won six House seats, picking up two in the traditionally conservative Northeast Kingdom and another in Windsor County while returning two incumbents in Burlington and one in Brattleboro....."

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/specialnews/election/203.htm