[lbo-talk] election fraud becomes SOP? (was No Stolen Elections!)

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 7 04:59:29 PST 2004

At 02:17 AM 11/7/2004, Gary? wrote:
>http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,58738,00.html
>

>Joe Richardson, a spokesman for Diebold Election Systems, one of ES&S's
>chief competitors, said the company would be willing to provide such a
>feature to U.S. customers if the demand is there. Richardson said the
>company included ballot-printing capability in more than 300,000 voting
>machines it sold to Brazil.
>

>you only had to ask !

believe me, they were.

here's an excellent piece in Vanity Fair as to why these legal challenges are sprouting and how it got so fucked up in FL to begin with. It's worth reading to remind you of what went down then. I live in this limpdick state and _I'd_ forgotten some of what happened. additionally, the articles go into how we ended up with machines with no audit trail. It is really sick. As a geek working in the infosec biz, I kept up with what the geeks knew about how to do this, what could go wrong, how you could break the system. If you're any good at computer security (or any kind of security), your job is to figure out how to break something. Well, plenty of people knew how to break these voting systems way before these bullshit decisions were made in Florida. They had no excuse, nor did the rest of the d-makers in the rest of the country. Which is to say, obviously this was about politics and power: democracy lost. no duh

http://www.goldsteinhowe.com/blog/files/VFPart1.pdf http://www.goldsteinhowe.com/blog/files/VFPart2.pdf

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling