[lbo-talk] Hacked Vote

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sun Nov 7 06:09:34 PST 2004

snit snat wrote:

> http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1106-30.htm <...>
>
> In Baker County, for example, with 12,887 registered voters, 69.3% of
> them Democrats and 24.3% of them Republicans, the vote was only 2,180
> for Kerry and 7,738 for Bush, the opposite of what is seen everywhere
> else in the country where registered Democrats largely voted for
> Kerry.
>
> In Dixie County, with 4,988 registered voters, 77.5% of them
> Democrats and a mere 15% registered as Republicans, only 1,959 people
> voted for Kerry, but 4,433 voted for Bush.

someone pointed out that smaller rural counties have been shifting republican (the shift now probably complete) but individuals may not have taken the trouble to change party registration. is that a possible explanation?

also, if these counties have such small populations, why not pick 3 and go door to door and ask people whom they voted for. you would only need the democrats to answer, and if the number crosses 2180 (in baker) or 1959 (for dixie), especially by a significant margin (and close to the expected number based on registration), we have actual data, and can avoid accusations of conspiracy theroies.

--ravi