[lbo-talk] Barack Obama and Left Academics

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 7 13:11:12 PST 2004

Why these sells outs, formerly of the Weather Underground! Don't they know Barack is a rightist?

http://www.uic.edu/classes/las/las400/conferencealt.htm Intellectuals: Who Needs Them?

A public gathering sponsored by The Center for Public Intellectuals & the University of Illinois-Chicago

April 19th-20th, 2002 I. Why Do Ideas Matter? (a keynote panel) We introduce the “meta” theme of the conference by hearing “success stories” from diverse voices discussing their experiences intervening intellectually.

Timuel Black, Chicago activist; Prof. Emeritus, City Colleges of Chicago Lonnie Bunch, President, Chicago Historical Society Bernardine Dohrn, Northwestern University Law School, Children and Family Justice Center Gerald Graff, UIC, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Richard Rorty, Stanford University, Philosophy

IV. Intellectuals in Times of Crisis Experiences and applications of intellectual work in urgent situations.

William Ayers, UIC, College of Education; author of Fugitive Days Douglass Cassel, Northwestern University, Center for International Human Rights Cathy Cohen, University of Chicago, Political Science Salim Muwakkil, Chicago Tribune; In These Times Barack Obama, Illinois State Senator Barbara Ransby, UIC, African-American Studies (moderator)

-- Michael Pugliese